Apr 9, 2012

H is for Help for Writers

H
Writing is a solitary task, but you don't have to be alone. Sometimes we need help to motivate us, help with techniques and help with evaluating our work. Here are just few ways writers can get help:

  • Join your Writers Centre, I'm a member of QWC, they hold workshops, seminars and provide lots of services for its members.
  • Books, there are lots of books that offer help for writers, including this one: 

  • Writing courses, there are some online, or in person, through your writer's centre or educational centre (like TAFE or Uni). If you're looking for online courses, here's some I've tried and liked:
  • Blogs. I get the most help from other bloggers. So many offer help for writers, here's a couple of helpful posts:

13 comments:

  1. I think they are good tips. I would love to write a book and they do say we all have one in us. I hope thats true lol
    Now following and would love it if you have time to visit me at my blog in the uk
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish there was a Writers Centre here.
    I follow several authors who post excellent tips and resources, like Elizabeth Spann Craig and Anne R. Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find conferences, my critique group, beta readers, and blogs helpful. I'd like to read more writing books, though. I haven't read a resource book in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the links. I've checked a couple of them out already. Will check out the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good tips! Thanks for the links! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your always so kind share valuable information. Thanks for this post.

    By the way, I read your book quite a few weeks ago. Haven't had the chance to tell you that I thought it was really good. I enjoyed it very much. Hope it sells a million copies. Too bad my grandson is too young still to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish the NSW Writers' Centre was a little closer to where I live. It takes me an hour to get there, so I only go there for extra special events.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Charmaine. Great post. Yes, the QWC is pretty great. I get a lot from bloggers and books. Thanks for your links.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most helpful H post.
    Enjoyed reading,

    Thanks for the visit and joining my happy band of followers, you are most welcomed and it is most appreciated.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for helping ...those links were helpful

    Stay blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I daily get inspiration from other writers - grateful for a community of bloggers where we can share our craft

    Nice to meet you
    my blog link
    Happy A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bloggers have such excellent help on writing. ANd its free and at our fingertips. I have a few I follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll check out those links! Thanks so much!

    All writers need HELP - I always think of the Beatle's song Help! *grin*

    ReplyDelete