The last quarter of 2011 was a whirlwind for me, and I've allowed that to flow onto 2012. No more.
Time to get back to writing and blogging. It's hard to break a slump, here's some ways I find helpful.
- Write something small, maybe a diary entry.
- Browse and comment on writing blogs, they're very inspirational.
- Get up before the family and don't let yourself away from your writing until you have at least one page.
- Listen to a podcast on writing. I love Writing Excuses because the episodes are short but extremely helpful and they always end with a prompt.
- Join a writers group.
- Take a writing class.
- Find a writing exercise (in how-to books, podcasts, blogs or anywhere). Just try doing one writing exercise unrelated to your bigger work-in-progress.
I've chosen to start my writing off with a blog post, but I might work my way through the rest of the list.
My new writing spot in Auchenflower, Brisbane:
Our furniture hasn't arrived yet, so we are camping out - in:
How do you lure yourself back into writing after a break? Are you in the zone now, or in a writing slump?