Oct 3, 2011

Unrequited Love


Amazon broke my heart.

I was so excited about the new release Kindles, even though my latest Kindle is only 6mths old I was keen to jump in with a new e-ink touch screen Kindle. 
Then I read the small print.
US only.

Kindle Fire then?
US only.

It seems the only new Kindle they will ship internationally is the cruddy cheap model that has no touch, no keyboard and no robot to read the ebooks to me! I had grand plans of a Kindle Fire giveaway with the release of my first ebook (still a whiles off) but now I feel like I'm sitting by the phone making up excuses for why that guy didn't call. The truth? Maybe Amazon are just not that into me.

I could retaliate by switching to the iPad as half my family have, but I don't want to act too rashly - maybe I could just move to the States?

Or, I realise, I could just keep reading on my current Kindle that I was more than happy with a week ago (Nah, that's just crazy talk).

12 comments:

  1. My other half assures me that Amazon will realise there is a world beyond U.S. borders - but he doesn't say when :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That graphic is heartrending. Charming voice throughout the post, though, C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will be available to you soon. Then there will be a newer better model and after that an even better more improved model. Technological advancement can get so expensive and at times even boring.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sorry about the kindle. But your idea about moving to the states is not so bad. Call me if you decide to move here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a bummer. Hopefully they will release worldwide by summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thats a shame! I see that changing soon though, there are just too many people that want them that are not in the US. Good luck.
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the pain... we have to wait until they decide to sell them to Australia... so want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say your old Kindle is going to be fine for a year or two. Wait for the KF II, there's always a big jump from first to second generation.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Charmaine,
    What a blow!
    I was planning to put the "new" Kindle on my Christmas List.
    Hope they bring it out to Australia soon.
    Thanks for the update :)... Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so frustrating! Shame. I do hope Santa finds me the right one! ;D

    I get annoyed at the 'free' ebooks. Here in Europe I still have to pay for the transmission.(I have Kindle on PC at the present time).

    ReplyDelete