Jul 5, 2010

Got Audiobook?


I'm taking the girls up to Queensland to visit my Dad in a few days, and as usual, my bag-packing panic has nothing to do with clothes. Which books will I choose to read while I'm away???

I'll be sensible this time and take the Kindle, after a frenzy whirl of book-downloading-fever, I have plenty to keep me busy, both in novels and writing books. The trip is also acting as a good deadline for me. I'm working through the first (and thanks to 'How to Revise Your Novel', the last) edit on Dog Show Detective and I can get the girls to read it while we are away (they are my harshest but most encouraging critics).

The drive to Brisbane takes a good 13hrs, so for this trip I've stocked up on audio-books! On the playlist for me:
I originally searched iTunes for a 'Sookie Stackhouse' mystery, I've heard so many people talk about this series and I figured it was a good time to catch up. But, when I saw the blurb for this book, I knew it was for me!
Though a small town at heart, Lawrenceton, Georgia, has its dark side - and its crime buffs. One of them is librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a member of the Real Murders Club, which meets once a month to analyse famous cases. It's a harmless pastime - until the night she finds a member killed in a manner that eerily resembles the crime the club was about to discuss...
I'll also be listening to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I'm keeping the plot a secret from myself for now, but there's been enough hype to suggest it's a 'should read'. 
Meanwhile, the kids will be kept entertained with:
and

They should have something to blog about when they get back on their book review site:
PaperDollsBadge

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have an awesome collection there :)
    Have a great trip to Qld :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the trip - you've all got some great reading material! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you picked many great books. I hope you have fun on your trip.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda, Jemi and Clarissa - Thanks, it'll be nice to visit family and have a break from the daily routine, I'm hoping to get some serious writing time in while the kids go on rides at the theme parks.

    Will let you know how the audiobooks turn out! :-)

    ReplyDelete