- James Baldwin and Character Who-ness - Forget about what your characters are, find out 'who' they are. What makes them special?
- Building Characters with Jung - If you like a more formulaic approach to creating characters, check out Jung's archetypes. There's so many combinations, you can create a unique character with purpose.
- M is the Motive - The key to a good story is to find out what your character desires and what's stopping them from getting it.
- Lousy Characters Rule - Allens lollies tagged the line 'Why do we always like the snakes best?', and it's true, we love a bit of bad boy in our good guy.
- Character Profiles - Questionnaire for your character (free print out)
- Prue Mason - Character to Plot Workshop - If the cap fits... how to get into the 'shoes' of your character.
- Creating Character Flaws - Don't make your character perfect at everything unless you're planning on dropping a piano on their head early in the story.
- Character Voice - Let your character come up with their own description.
Oct 7, 2010
My Top 8 Posts on Character Building
I've been focused on characters lately, so thought I would share my posts on building characters, here are my top 8: